- Born in litters of 12-15 pups, infant hammerhead sharks are abandoned by their parents shortly after birth. However, the young sharks form schools until they are old enough to hunt on their own. This baby has been separated from his siblings and needs a companion!
- Scientific Name: Family Sphyrnidae
- Characteristics: Painted by hand and crafted with stunning accuracy, this model depicts the hammerhead shark’s atypical “cephalofoil” head which not only allows it to see above and below itself, but can also be used as a tool to pin down its prey. This helps the hammerhead keep its meal in close proximity to its uniquely positioned mouth, located underneath and behind its snout.
- Size and Color: This model measures 18 cm in length and 7.5 cm in height. Sporting the most common colouration of hammerhead sharks, this youngling has a brown top which helps it blend into the dark ocean floor and a white underside which disguises it amidst the bright and sunny water’s surface.
- The Hammerhead Shark is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.
- Age 4+